Restore Natural Teeth For Long-Term Function
When Dr. Chakka diagnoses you with a damaged tooth requiring support too substantial for a filling, you may need a more serious restoration. We may provide partial completion of your tooth with an inlay or onlay, or full tooth coverage with a beautiful dental crown.
What Are Dental Crowns, Inlays, And Onlays?
Dental crowns, inlays, and onlays all offer a restorative solution to a tooth that sustains severe damage but does not require an extraction. Our restorations include:
- Dental Crowns: Custom-crafted to resemble your natural tooth and fit comfortably with your bite, crowns offer permanent coverage and structural support to your tooth. We often provide crowns after root canal treatment. At Stadium Dental and Orthodontics, we offer porcelain, zirconia, porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM), and CEREC one-visit crowns. Dr. Chakka will make a selection based on your tooth’s unique location and needs.
- Inlays: Inlays replace tissue lost between the cusps on top of your tooth.
- Onlays: Onlays replace damaged cusps on the top of your tooth and missing tissue along the side of your tooth.
Why Are Crowns, Inlays, And Onlays Significant?
Our restorations can protect your oral health and improve the appearance of your smile:
- Preserving your natural tooth is the best option – crowns, inlays, and onlays allow us to save your tooth, while providing missing structure and beauty for great improvement
- Crowns protect your tooth from future infection and damage after root canal treatment
- When a filling in a large cavity will leave your tooth susceptible to breakage, an inlay or onlay offers excellent support – this may allow you to avoid a full crown
Am I A Good Candidate?
If Dr. Chakka diagnoses you with a very large cavity, or you receive root canal treatment, or your tooth is severely damaged but healthy enough to remain in place, you may make a good candidate for a crown, inlay, or onlay.