Cushion Your Teeth For Improved Comfort
Whether you grind your teeth due to stress or during sleep, the effects may lead to serious damage. By visiting us regularly for dental checkups, we can easily identify this condition and offer effective treatment.
What Is Bruxism Treatment?
Bruxism is another term for “teeth grinding.” Sufferers of this disorder may grind their teeth, or clench their teeth together during waking hours or while sleeping. To prevent serious complications, we offer bruxism treatment, which includes therapy similar to the oral appliances we use with TMJ disorder. Dr. Chakka will recommend you wear a splint, also called and oral appliance or mouth guard, while you sleep. The comfortable plastic piece gently separates and cushions your teeth, while relaxing your jaw muscles.
Why Is Bruxism Treatment Significant?
Grinding or clenching your teeth may result in long-term damage when left untreated. The earlier we begin treatment, the sooner your body can heal. The benefits of bruxism splint therapy include:
- Prevention of tooth surface erosion caused by grinding
- Left untreated, bruxism may lead to jaw discomfort known as TMJ disorder
- You may suffer a toothache, sensitivity, or physically damaged teeth as a result of grinding and clenching
Am I A Good Candidate?
If Dr. Chakka diagnoses you with bruxism, you make an excellent candidate for treatment. We can quickly identify you as well suited to this treatment if you experience the following symptoms:
- Your jaw muscles feel sore or tense
- You have loose teeth
- The surfaces of your teeth appear worn down
- You experience tooth pain or sensitivity
- Chronic mild headaches