Relieve Jaw Discomfort and Misalingment For Daily Comfort
Do you find that your jaw hurts or that you suffer from discomfort in your face or surrounding muscles? While you may feel alone, millions of Americans suffer from issues with their TMJs (temporomandibular joints). Misalignment, or crooked and crowded teeth, can also lead to jaw discomfort. For jaw pain relief, visit Stadium Dental and Orthodontics for treatment, including the innovative Invisalign clear braces system.
What Is TMJ Treatment?
TMJ treatment provides tension relief to your jaw joints, or your TMJs. While dentists cannot point to one cause of TMJ disorder, we can treat your discomfort with splint therapy. Dr. Chakka will provide you with a comfortable, custom-fitted splint, or plastic oral appliance, that you will wear nightly to accomplish one or more of the following:
- The splint may readjust your bite to take stress off of your TMJs and surrounding tissues
- The splint may cushion your teeth if bruxism, or teeth grinding, is promoting your jaw pain
Why Is TMJ Treatment Significant?
TMJ disorder can have a negative impact on your quality of life. Like many disorders, the long-term side effects worsen over time and develop into serious discomfort and damage. The benefits of TMJ treatment include:
- Treatment may prevent severe damage
- Splint therapy may allow you to avoid the use of pain medication
- Therapy is non-invasive, for a natural approach to improving your comfort
Am I A Good Candidate?
If you suffer from jaw pain or the following common symptoms of TMJ disorder, you likely make a good candidate for splint therapy:
- A sound similar to popping or clicking while you eat or open and shut your mouth
- Jaw pain or discomfort surrounding your jaw joints
- Chronic headaches
- The sudden short-term locking of your jaw
- Painful chewing
- A ringing sound in your ears
What Is Invisalign?
In addition to oral splints, Dr. Chakka can relieve tension with orthodontic treatment. Invisalign is a cosmetic orthodontic treatment that corrects misalignment while remaining nearly invisible. This system includes comfortable, clear, BPA-free plastic aligner trays. You will graduate from one custom-fitted tray to the next throughout your treatment. Trays fit securely and comfortably over your teeth.
Why Is Invisalign Significant?
Invisalign typically addresses the same problems treated with metal braces. However, aligner trays offer improved comfort and other benefits, including:
- Invisalign and traditional metal braces typically require a similar investment
- Aligners trays offer comfort and little to no irritation
- Clear trays mean most of your friend and family will not even notice your orthodontic treatment
- You can remove aligner trays when you eat or care for your teeth, so they will not disrupt your eating or hygiene habits like conventional braces
Am I A Good Candidate?
If you desire a straighter smile and would prefer to avoid traditional braces, you likely make an excellent candidate for Invisalign. This system treats most malocclusions, including:
- Spacing Between Teeth